Saturday, September 5, 2009

Buona Notte

I know it's kinda out-of-fashion to be complaining about sleep deprivation when you're in your final year, but man, it's so good to be able to go to bed right now without having to set an alarm for tomorrow morning.

Another thing to say good night to:

I was going to use my recent gains to buy a 2nd hand Mercedes E200, but some calculations and discussions later, I've found that the insurance charges and road tax will be killing me like no bear market can. I thought it would have been a significant milestone if I bought my own car (a Merc at that!) with my own money without yet holding a job, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now. When a deal sucks, you gotta walk away--insurance and road tax for one year would have cost more than half the price of the car! Back to being one of those guys on public transportation breathing in the sweat and farts of a hundred other creeps. Not looking forward to that.

Next target: 1st car, Porsche 911, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment